Tuesday, July 28, 2009

the birthday girl

Today is my 32nd birthday and my husband is working, so we celebrated last night. We had 5:30 dinner reservations at our favorite restaurant Cafe 1912. Well we get a phone call at 4pm saying the restaurant was closed for the night. The chef's wife was having a baby. My husband was so disappointed because he had planned some surprises for me. He ran out and came back 5 minutes later with roses he had arranged to be put on the table. He had also planned a special dessert for me - chocolate chip pancakes (it is my favorite!) I cried when I heard how he had been planning all of this. I love him so much for trying to make my birthday special.
We ended up going to his restaurant for my birthday.
Today we went to Putt putt to play skeeball and basketball. we did a best of 7 series. He won but I did give him some competition! I love skeeball! Then he took me to Perkins and I had my chocolate chip pancakes. It was yummy!
I had gotten some Target gift cards for my birthday so I went to Target to buy some things for me! I got 3 shirts and a cute spa bath wrap.
After eating so much in the past 24 hours I certainly could not pass up my run! Another walk run for 2 miles with my running group and now icing my knees and shins!
Kinda sad the birthday is almost over

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday!!

Happiness Is... said...

Happy, happy birthday!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great time! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday girl. I love that your husband did all that for you. What a sweetheart. And next time you are having chocolate chip pancakes - I'm coming too!

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday~!

Kate said...

I hope you had a great birthday! Your hubby is so sweet for trying to surprise you!!