Saturday, June 27, 2009

shoes

So I went out Thursday night to Downtown Memphis, and after a couple of hours I wanted to go home becaue of my shoes. If I put on cute shoes like these I would be dying after an hour. I thought I was smart by wearing kitten heels but no, it didn't matter. I was limping after 2 hours. Not cool when you are on the rooftop of the Peabody Hotel. or walking down Beale Street.

I see all these girl with stilettos on and I wonder how they do it. They don't look like they are in pain like me. They are not ready to go home early just to take their shoes off.

Is there a secret to wearing cute shoes like these?


9 comments:

Cassie said...

I love cute shoes like these, but I just cannot wear heels that high!

Rachel said...

I can wear heals and 'fake it' for a while. But they hurt the entire time. I try to smile and appear to be in zero pain, but if I go out I always end up walking barefoot down the street to my car because I just cannot walk. It's crippling!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Scholls inserts for her help, but only for a little while. You reach a point where there is no help.

Melissa said...

Dr. Scholls has those high heel or open heel inserts that are slim and comfy!

Kate said...

If you find out the secret, let me know!

The Rasoul Family said...

I say avoid, avoid, avoid! My mom was the shoe queen in her day and her poor feet are paying the price now! She can barely walk in any shoe now, except crocs and lord knows I don't want to have to wear those neon shoes forever, SO AVOID, AVOID, AVOID the high heels now!!!!!

Tara Gibson said...

i sometimes think i was born in heels haha.. i feel weird in flats bc i guess i always have heels on!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Ha! I always think that! The #1 question I always ask my friends before we go out someplace is "can I wear sandals?"

Lis said...

Insoles help for the first hour and then after that your feet go numb and you just keep on dancing!! (Or whatever!) :)