Tuesday, March 31, 2009

so many things I want to do..

Well part of my new year's resolutions was to learn how to hand embroider (check) and to learn to sew. I took a sewing class and O am so uncomfortable when I try to use the mchine. It just goes so fast! I can't sew in a stratight line and I can't find anything super, super easy to sew just to practice. It is frustrating because I see all these patterns and I want to make them all until I open them up and read the directions, and have no clue what it is trying to say to me.
I have gotten better with the hand embroidery - it is something that I have really practice and be consistent with.

I also found this key rack that I totally want to make! So cute!

It is a shame that it cost so much to try to be crafty. There are so manythings I want to make and I just don't have the funds to do them all. =(

I guess I need to slow down and take one thing on at a time.

3 comments:

nicole said...

glad you got embroidery under your belt! sewing is hard and frustrating. try to take your time. play with your machine. get some scrap fabric and try different tensions, stitches, and speeds. the hardest part is getting the feel for how hard to press your foot to get the speed you want.

my favorite way to learn to craft is to find a youtube video or get a library book. teaching yourself is sometimes easier and try to not rush through it. sew a pillow or something at first - a square and build your confidence!

amy (metz) walker said...

Hey girl...I'm actually driving through Memphis and spending the night tomorrow. I could do it on Sunday morning before I leave for Dallas if you have access to a treadmill...or on my way back through on Thursday (again, if you have access to a treadmill). If you are seriously interested, email your number and I will call you to work out details and explain pricing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. M! I saw that you are followingmy blog now. Thanks so much for stopping by! I look forward to reading more of yours! It is so true that it costs a lot to try and be crafty, but , what can you do?