Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A new start...


So yesterday I started this program called Body For Life. My husband recommended it to me. He had heard some good things about it from friends, so I went to the bookstore to pick it up. It is written by Bill Phillips. Here is the website. When I went online and also opened the book I was amazed to see all the transformations! Wow!


Anyways, I have never really planned a workout. I usually go into the gym and just pick out things to do. Here you need to plan out what you are doing. MWF - you do strength training workouts - it was supposed to take 45 minutes and I finished in 30 min. THS - you do 20 min aerobic training. You can't beat 20 minutes! And Sunday is your free day and cheat day!


So I did my upper body yesterday - and I certainly felt the burn! and even my cardio today was challenging! I am looking forward to continuing this program and letting you know my results. My overall goal is to lose 50 pounds. I will weigh myself every Monday morning and let you know how I move towards my goal. My husband is rewarding me as I move towards my goal to help with my motivation, so I am pretty excited about that!

1 comment:

SouthernBelleJM said...

I don't know what part of town you live in, but I checked earlier this week for myself, and there's a place in Arlington called Aerobics Anytime. It's only 15 bucks a month.